The Vivid Venezuela Experience
Summary of Itinerary
Day 1-Landing in Caracas and walking tour
Day 2-Off to El Avila National Park
Day 3-Best of Canaima
Day 4- Angel Falls
Day 5- Pozo De La Felicidad
Day 6- Airport
- Hotels (4 star) including Breakfast
- Sightseeings as per itinerary
- Admission tickets to sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary at relevant places
- Transfers from airport to hotels and vice versa
- Intercity transfers
- International and Domestic Flights
- Visa Charges (Visa assistance is included)
- City Taxes at hotels (Euro 1-3 per person per night)
- Train station to hotel transfers (airport transfers are included by private cab)
- Lunch and Dinner
A FEW KEY POINTERS TO KNOW BEFOREHAND:
- The country is very cheap and getting around as well as food can be really no issues at all
- That being said, do not carry major amounts of money or expensive items with you at any time, the crime rates are very high.
- Venezuela is not for the faint of heart, murders and kidnapping rates here are amongst the highest in the world, so be on your toes at all times!
- It is advisable to have a reliable local guide or friend in this country so that you know what places and regions are to be avoided
- Basic Spanish is a must for anyone visiting Venezuela, English is not very popular here and you’ll not be able to go far without speaking in Spanish.
- Inflation and black marketeering are a huge plague in the country.
Venturing out alone at the night in empty areas is completely out of the question.
Landing in Caracas and walking tour
You will be greeted by our representative at the airport and transferred to your hotel in your private cab. After freshening up, a tour of the Venezuelan capital of Caracas awaits us. We’ll witness the grand La Estancia; an old hacienda from the colonial era in the east of the city. In this place they frequently offer exhibitions of different themes and even free concerts of different musical genres that represent the local culture.Post this, we’d head toParque del Este or Francisco de Miranda, to enjoy one of the lungs of the city due to the large number and variety of trees that has, in addition to wildlife such as birds, reptiles and mammals. The trip ends at the center of the Chacao municipality, a commercial area characterized by restaurants of Spanish food (Overnight in Caracas)
Off to El Avila National Park
We start the day early for what’s going to be an exciting set of adventure packed days in down South. We’ll board the jeep at 9 in the morning to escape the hustle and bustle of Caracas and experience El Ávila National Park on this guided half-day tour. Exploration of this mountainous seaside park in a 4x4 and a ride to its summit for impressive views of the Caribbean and Caracas will be the highlight of the day. We shall also check out the landmark Humboldt Hotel and the picturesque village of Galipan, founded by settlers from the Canary Islands. (Overnight in bus to Ciudad Bolivar)
Best of Canaima
We’ll reach Ciudad Bolivar early morning and will be transferred to the airport straight away to catch a chartered flight to Canaima. The flight will bring us over the jungle in a small light aircraft to the Indigenous Pemon Village of Canaima. In Canaima, we will be met by our local English speaking guide who will lead us to our camp for lunch. In the afternoon we will leave for an excursion to the Canaima Lagoonalong with the Ucaima, Guaraima and Hacha Falls. A 10-minute hike will bring us to the impressive Sapo Falls and we will walk right past its thundering curtain of water, should the weather conditions allow for it. We will spend the night in our camp in the Village of Canaima and end it with local Venezuelan dinner. (Overnight in Canaima)
Early in the morning we will continue by boat upstream the river Churun up to the Raton Island. After arriving at our camp on the banks of the Churún River, opposite the Falls, we will commence a 1-hour hike through the jungle which will lead us to the Mirador Laime vantage point, from where we can take in a spectacular view of the Angel Falls. We will then venture on for some more time until we reach the small pond at the base of the falls, where we can enjoy a swim in the cold waters flowing of the Falls themselves. Finally, as the afternoon fades away, it will be time to walk back to camp, where a nice warm dinner will be waiting for us before we fall asleep in our hammocks, under the mighty shadow of the magnificent Angel Falls. (Overnight in Angel Falls)
Pozo De La Felicidad
We’ll go downstream on the river Carrao post which, we will pass the island of Orchids and Pozo de la FelicidadFall until we get to the upper part of the Hacha Falls in Canaima. From there we will drive to the airport and take the plane back to Ciudad Bolívar about 3 in the afternoon. From here we’ll set off for Caracas via bus, to cap what has been a marvellous journey. (Transfer to airport)
On the last day you’d be transferred to the Caracasairport, in a private taxidirectly from the city.