The Beautiful Bolivian Discovery
Summary of itinerary
Day 1-Landing in La Paz and walking tour
Day 2-Copacabana and the Sun Island-Lake Titicaca
Day 3- Uyuni Salt Flats
Day 4- Airport
- Hotels (3 star) including Breakfast
- Sightseeings as per itinerary
- Admission tickets to sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary at relevant places
- Transfers from airport to hotels and vice versa
- Intercity transfers
- International and Domestic Flights
- Visa Charges (Visa assistance is included)
- City Taxes at hotels (Euro 1-3 per person per night)
- Train station to hotel transfers (airport transfers are included by private cab)
- Lunch and Dinner
A FEW KEY POINTERS TO KNOW BEFOREHAND:
- A lot of the major attractions are located at high altitudes hence it gets cold in Bolivia. Packing accordingly will make the trip convenient.
- The altitude can make life difficult for people in Bolivia. Avoiding alcohol, eating small meals, ascending slowly, avoiding strenuous exercise and drinking coca tea will help mitigate the effects of high altitude.
- It rains in summers in Bolivia hence a poncho or umbrella could be kept on hand to tackle this issue.
- Avoid eating at shady places and go for the safer options with high customer turnovers to avoid stomach upsets.
- Always keep cash handy in Bolivia as cash is still king here and only a select places accept credit cards
- Keep an eye out for fake police and theft by distraction
People aren’t used to punctuality hence be prepared for a few minor delays here and there.
Landing in La Paz and walking tour
You will be greeted by our representative at the airport and transferred to your hotel in your private cab. After freshening up, a tour of the Bolivian capital of La Paz awaits us. We’ll start off with the grand La Paz Cathedral&the Presidential Palace, followed by the site of San Pedro Prison! Post this, we’d head to the pious San Francisco Church and the mystiqueWitch Market. Our next stop will be the popular, Plaza Murillo.After the tour, we’d head straight to the cable car to take in a breath-taking view of the city of La Paz in addition to Mirador killikilli, one of the most popular viewing points in the whole of La Paz. Cholita Wrestling, in the evening, will be the perfect way to end the day, with it being one of the most raved about and fun local activities in the capital. (Overnight in La Paz)
Copacabana and the Sun Island-Lake Titicaca
We’ll leave La Paz at around 7 am in the morning and at about 10 in the morning, will arrive inTiquina, the narrowest part of the lake, where we will cross to the other side by boat. From here on, we’ll leave for Copacabana by bus and enjoy a hearty lunch before setting off for the Sun Island. On the island, we’ll witness the Inca steps and the Inca fountain, also known as the youth fountain, this fountain represents the 3 pillars of the Aymara Culture, about which we’ll get to learn a bit on the island.Afterwards we will visit the town of Yumanibefore leaving for Copacabana. Once in Copacabana, we will catch a glimpse of the local Church, main square and crafts market before leaving for La Paz the same night.(Overnight in La Paz)
Uyuni Salt Flats
Get your bags packing as the Uyuni Salt Flats await you, to end the trip in a grand manner. Right from the moment you set land at the Uyuni airport, you’ll be blown away by the aura of the place on offer.The day promises to be a long yet mesmerising one right from the word go. We’ll start the day at the Train Cemetery, a one of a kind attraction only available here.Colchani, the town closest to the Salt Flats, is the next place on the list, with unique crafts made out of pure salt! Post this we’ll leave for the Uyuni Salt Flats, and witness the underground rivers that flow beneath this marvel. Playa Blanca, the world’s first salt hotel awaits us as well in the heart of the Salt Flats. We’ll then visit Isla Incahuasi, an island inside the Flats, a spectacle to behold before leaving for the La paz in the night.
On the last day you’d be transferred to Lima airport from Uyuni via flight